Online Directory services
The Synod provides various directory services online.
1. Services available to the general public:
- Find a church
- Find a mission network
- Find a playgroup
- Find a department contact
- Change your personal contact details
2. Services restricted to Ministers, Congregation office bearers and Synod staff:
3. Change church or personal contact details:
- Change of Contact for Congregation 2016 fillable (164 kb PDF)
- Change of Contact Personal 2015 fillable (147 kb PDF)
Getting Started with the Online Directory
To get started you will need to register and / or logon.
To access the directory from a mobile device such as an HTML capable mobile phone you may prefer to navigate directly to the mobile specific login page https://portal.sa.uca.org.au/m/.
The Online Directory was released in October 2009 to supplement the hard copy "Synod Directory" in a more accessible and immediate form. The Online Directory makes available the following data:
- Information relating to Uniting Church SA Congregations, Parishes, Linked Congregations, Faith Communities and Mission Networks
- Presbytery and Synod Membership details
- Minister contact details and current positions held
- Current office bearer information for Uniting Church SA Congregations, Parishes, Linked Congregations, Faith Communities and Mission Networks. Minister, Lay Staff, Secretary, Treasurer, Deacon, Chaplain, Administrator and Youth Worker position holders are included in the Directory.
This information is sourced directly from Synod databases and represents the most up to date information available. Keeping all of this information current is challenging, and users are encouraged to contribute to the accuracy of the directory by submitting Change Notifications as described below.
To access the Online Directory, eligible persons must first sign up for a UnitingPortal user account and then complete the Identity Verification process.
The following people are eligible to access the Online Directory:
- Uniting Church SA Ministers
- Current office bearers of Uniting Church SA Congregations, Parishes, Linked Congregations, Faith Communities and Mission Networks
- Uniting Church SA Synod Staff
- Other people as approved on a case by case basis by the Associate General Secretary
All users are authorised to update their own contact details including phone numbers, addresses and email address. Current Ministers and Office Bearers will note that alternate contact information can be specified pertaining to different organisations for which they hold positions.
The Synod databases hold contact information which not everybody will want listed in the Online Directory or hard copy directory. For this reason, users are also able to adjust the visibility of their contact details by setting privacy flags in accordance with their personal preferences. E.g. it is possible to specify that a mobile number be listed in the directory but that your home number be suppressed.
To request a change to your personal contact details, please complete and return this form: Change of Contact Personal 2015 fillable (147 kb PDF)
Updating Organisation Contact Details
In addition to updating personal contact details, Ministers and authorised office bearers are able to update limited contact information for organisations for which they hold a current position. Users are encouraged to update this information proactively in order to maximise the completeness and accuracy of directory data.
Minimum System Requirements
The mobile phone adaptation of the Online Directory is expected to work with the majority of HTML capable mobiles. However, due to the sheer number of devices available and the widely varying capabilities of mobile browsers, the only reliable way to determine whether your mobile will work is to try it.
We welcome your feedback, the Online Directory is a service provided to our congregations and members by the Synod. Please email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.