UnitingCare Emergency Relief Centres
UnitingCare SA is in active partnership with several Uniting Churches to create Emergency Relief Centres where people can go for food parcels or prepared take-away meals.
These services helped 8,000 South Australians in April - half of them were new since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find food relief at Uniting Churches near you:
- UnitingCare Enfield: Opening soon 08 7120 7837 email@example.com
- UnitingCare Gawler: 08 8522 4522 firstname.lastname@example.org
- UnitingCare Glenelg: 08 8295 1771 email@example.com
- UnitingCare Modbury: 08 8117 2219 firstname.lastname@example.org
- UnitingCare Mount Barker: (Dunn Memorial Uniting Church) 08 8391 2513 email@example.com
- UnitingCare Mount Gambier: 08 8725 5377 firstname.lastname@example.org
- UnitingCare Naracoorte: 08 8762 0377 email@example.com
- UnitingCare Noarlunga: 08 8384 3868 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniting in Care Salisbury: 08 8258 2675 email@example.com
- UnitingCare Taperoo (Lefevre Uniting Church): 08 7120 6558 firstname.lastname@example.org
- UnitingCare Woodville Gardens (The Grove Uniting Church): 0412 107 105 email@example.com
- Connect an ERC with any local businesses or community groups that might be able to help.
- Donate non-perishable food and food prepared by generous partners like catering companies
- Volunteer for a UnitingCare ERC near you, as many of our regular volunteers have been asked to stay home for their protection.
Response to COVID-19 in the UnitingCare network in SA
There are many UnitingCare organisations in SA and each is responding to the COVID-19 crisis according to its emergency plans. To find out more about a particular organisation, please visit the websites listed below.
Several small organisations based at Uniting Churches will be following the advice of the Uniting Church Synod of SA
Please find links to the responses to COVID-19 by each one of our other associated organisations below:
Aged Care, Community Services and Hospital:
- Clayton Church Homes
- Helping Hand Aged Care
- St Andrew’s Hospital
- UnitingCare Wesley Bowden
- UnitingSA and UnitingSA on Facebook
- Uniting Communities and Uniting Communities on Facebook
- Uniting Country SA and Uniting Country SA on Facebook
- Annesley Junior School
- Lincoln College (Residential Tertiary)
- Pedare Christian College
- Pilgrim School
- Prince Alfred College on Facebook
- Westminster School
UnitingCare South Australia is the state body for the UnitingCare network, with its focus on Governance, Innovation and Procurement. The network consists of 23 separately incorporated and non-incorporated organisations which deliver community care, aged care, health care and education in order to provide support to the vulnerable and educate the leaders of tomorrow.
The network in South Australia includes over 11,000 employees and 3,000 volunteers. In community services and aged care the network includes over 11,000 staff and volunteers. Schools associated with the Uniting Church have over 2,500 staff and volunteers.
UnitingCare Australia is the national body for the UnitingCare Network, one of the largest providers of community services in Australia with over 400 service providers nationwide. UnitingCare Australia works with and on behalf of the UnitingCare Network to advocate for policies and programs that will improve people’s quality of life. UnitingCare Australia is committed to speaking with and on behalf of those who are the most vulnerable and disadvantaged, for the common good.