Mission Resourcing was established by the Uniting Church, Synod of South Australia in 2002, to assist the church to develop a culture of mission. There are 10 (full and part-time) staff based in the church office at 212 Pirie Street, Adelaide. All staff are available to travel throughout South Australia.
Mission Resourcing works in a range of areas, some of which include:
- discipleship/leadership development for a missional church
- mission centres – Effective Living Centre, Stillpoint Spirituality Centre and Centre for Music Liturgy and the Arts
- international church partnerships and covenantal relationships
- providing and recommending a range of resources to assist growth in mission
- a deepening understanding of and engagement in mission through intergenerational and intercultural experience
- encouraging local mission
- identifying strategic mission opportunities, locally and regionally
- working with networks and regions to discern missional values and behaviours
Shelter from the Storm Studies
In these studies, originally designed to take us from January 8th to Australia Day, but suitable for any 19 day period, we use the Scriptures and “Shelter from the Storm” to consider our Christian response to those seeing refuge in Australia.
These studies will consist of a piece of Scripture followed by a paragraph from “Shelter from the Storm” and a reflection upon what has been read. They will take you around 5-20 minutes to complete depending on your reading speed and how much time you spend in reflection and prayer.
You will need a Bible to look up the readings for each day and we suggest that you use a notebook or a journal to engage with the questions and to write any reflections you might have.
We suggest that if you do not have a copy of “Shelter from the Storm” you download the PDF from Uniting Justice>
Download the Shelter from the Storm Daily Devotions written by Rev Christy Capper:
Shelter from the storm studies Refugee Resource 2017 (481 kb PDF) - A resource for congregations