Coronavirus (COVID 19) - Update
8 Dec 2020
The Synod of SA is adapting and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to support our communities, congregations and presbyteries across the state, and this remains our highest priority, while adhering to the latest Government advice.
As we have updates to this topic, they will be detailed on this page.
LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES: SYNOD
December 8: Update to COVID-19 Restrictions in SA
On Friday 27th November the South Austrlian Premier made several annoucements relating to the current COVID situation and these changes took effect from Tuesday 1st December last week.
We continue to listen to the latest advice of both SA Police and SA Health and we strongly encourage congregationals to follow their COVID-Safe Plans and continue to apply the following guidelines:
- The provision for indoor church services stands at one person per 4sqm density. This includes the total number of persons in any single room or enclosed area
- Ceremonies (church services) are capped at a maximum of 150
- Outdoor gatherings are capped at one person per 2sqm
- Indoor, food and beverages must be consumed whilst seated
- No communal food or beverage service areas, including buffet style
- The new ‘approved’ SA Government QR Code contact tracing system should be enabled by each congregation and (to the extent possible in the circumstances) please ensure all persons are able to upload their contact details on entry. Where this is not possible (e.g. a person has no smart phone, then paper records should still be maintained)
- An individual QR code is to be displayed at each church site and should be received with your revised COVID-Safe Plan. The government's mySA Gov app will be required so contact tracing details can be recorded. Further information and fact sheets about downloading the app and using QR codes are available here
- Private functions, weddings and funerals are capped at 150 people with one person per 2sqm requirement and standing consumption and dancing is allowed
- Masks are required when attending/visiting all healthcare related settings
If you have further questions, please continue to work with your presbyteries or contact:
Rev Sue Page – Associate General Secretary
Phone: (08) 8236 4217
Rev Philip Gardner
Phone: (08) 8236 4268
- 23 Oct 20: Uniting Church Attendance Record
- 21 Aug 20: Guidelines on the Rights of People with Disability Care during COVID-19
- 19 Aug 20: Ideas to consider for restarting Messy Church the COVID-safe way
- 30 Jul 20: Full list of Uniting Church SA livestreams and services
- 01 June 20: Government Contact Tracing Record Attendance Register
- 23 March 20: Response to COVID-19 in the UnitingCare network in SA
JOBKEEPER AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- 1 May 20: A letter from the General Secretary about Financial Relief for Congregations
- 30 April 20: Synod of South Australia JobKeeper Declaration Form
- 30 April 20: JobKeeper Outline Pay Bureau Congregations
- 28 April 20: Facebook video by General Manager of Resources on JobKeeper payments UPDATE
- 27 April 20: Mission and Service Fund Contributions - Update
- 9 April 20: JobKeeper Information for Uniting Church Congregations
For all enquiries about Coronavirus, please contact:
- Rev Sue Page - Associate General Secretary
8236 4217 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev Phil Gardner - Executive Officer, Placements and Safe Church
8236 4268 email@example.com
Please note that we may experience a heightened number of enquiries. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Please email us in the first instance, leave a message with your name and phone number, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Get the latest updates from the Uniting Church in SA regarding COVID-19 and weekly newsletters, subscribe below!< Back to Latest news