Coronavirus (COVID 19) - Update
The Synod of SA is adapting and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to support our communities, congregations and presbyteries across the state, and this remains our highest priority, while adhering to the latest Government advice.
As we have updates to this topic, they will be detailed on this page.
Free Online Church Resources
JOBKEEEPER & FINANCIAL INFORMATION
LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES
On Tuesday, 12th April, 2022 the South Australian government announced further easing of some COVID-19 restrictions which take effect on Good Friday, 15th April, 2022. The restrictions that relate to churches are as follows:
- Mask requirements* in all indoor public places (including churches) have been removed – but strongly recommended in crowded spaces. An individual's choice to wear a mask should be supported for those who wish to maintain this practice
- QR codes and contract tracing records are no longer required.
*Mask wearing will still be required in high risk health settings which include hospitals, residential aged care, disability services and correctional services.
A reminder that the following restrictions were also previously eased:
- Hospitality (no restrictions apply, good infection controls expected)
- Density (no limitations apply)
- Physical Distancing (no restrictions apply, strongly recommended where possible)
- Singing, Dancing and Music (no restrictions apply).
Pending further information, the following requirements continue to apply to church activities until further notice:
- COVID Safe Plans
- COVID Marshal(s)
- Hand sanitising andfrequent cleaning.
The Leaders of Christian Churches SA (LoCCSA) are also working on recommendations for the following church specific activities and therefore current arrangements should remain in place until further notice:
All existing directions, frequently asked questions and other information can be found here: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations
If you would like further assistance, please contact your presbytery or:
Archived COVID-19 Communications
- 23 Oct 20: Uniting Church Attendance Record
- 21 Aug 20: Guidelines on the Rights of People with Disability Care during COVID-19
- 19 Aug 20: Ideas to consider for restarting Messy Church the COVID-safe way
- 30 Jul 20: Full list of Uniting Church SA livestreams and services
- 01 June 20: Government Contact Tracing Record Attendance Register
- 23 March 20: Response to COVID-19 in the UnitingCare network in SA
JOBKEEPER AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- 1 May 20: A letter from the General Secretary about Financial Relief for Congregations
- 30 April 20: Synod of South Australia JobKeeper Declaration Form
- 30 April 20: JobKeeper Outline Pay Bureau Congregations
- 28 April 20: Facebook video by General Manager of Resources on JobKeeper payments UPDATE
- 27 April 20: Mission and Service Fund Contributions - Update
- 9 April 20: JobKeeper Information for Uniting Church Congregations
For all enquiries about Coronavirus, please contact:
- Rev Sue Page - Associate General Secretary
- Rev Phil Gardner - Executive Officer, Placements and Safe Church
Please note that we may experience a heightened number of enquiries. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
Please email us in the first instance, leave a message with your name and phone number, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Get the latest updates from the Uniting Church in SA regarding COVID-19 and weekly newsletters, subscribe below!< Back to Latest news