Intergenerational Team Vision: That young people become life-long disciples of Christ within missional families and faith communities.
Intergenerational Team Key Directions
- We resource families to be missional. (UC SA Key Direction 2)
- We advocate for an all age, inclusive, approach to congregational life. (UC SA Key Direction 1, part 4)
- We provide direction to congregations to intentionally disciple children, youth and young adults through and for mission. (UC SA Key Direction 2, part 1)
- We facilitate ‘mountain top’ experiences for young people that are beyond the scope of single congregations. (UC SA Key Direction 2,all 4 parts)
- We support and develop leaders in all of the above aspects of ministry with and by young people. (UC SA Key Direction 3, part 3)
- 2016 Intergen Team calendar: To assist with planning your year of ministry with children, youth, young adults and families, please make use of 2016 Intergen Calendar (102 kb PDF)
- Intergenerational Ministry Devotion: Intergenerational Discipleship Developer Mike Wardrop has prepared an intergenerational ministry devotion, "What would Moses do?", based on Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
- Intergen News: Intergen News is a quarterly resource to keep you up to date with all things Intergen! Intergen News will be sent at the start of each school term. To susbscribe email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To keep up to date throughout each term with extra news and articles from the Intergen Team, please subscribe to UC E-News and New Times online.
- There are many more resources available using the menu to navigate Church Resources and Family Resources.
2017 and Beyond KCO & SAYCO Consultation Process
KCO & SAYCO 2017 & Beyond Consultation Update
Thank you to everyone who participated in the “2017 & Beyond KCO & SAYCO Consultation” process held at the end of 2015 and the start of 2016.
The results of part one of this process have been collected and are available in a summary document 2017 & Beyond KCO & SAYCO Consultation Part One - Summary (704 kb PDF)
At the end of the document are the recommendations approved by the Interim Mission Council and affirmed by Standing Committee for the vision and key purposes for KCO and SAYCO for 2017 and beyond.
Please also note, on the final page, that the consultation responses continue to be reflected upon and will be worked through, particularly regarding the responsibilities of team members, churches and the Synod office.
There will be a second part to this consultation process to assist with decision-making regarding dates/timing of events, venues, price points, and shaping the program for 2017 and beyond. Information will be available by the end of April and will be communicated via UC e-News.
We look forward to your continued input and appreciate your prayer for this process. For more information, please contact Melissa via email email@example.com
Supporting Documents for the Consultation:
SAYCO & KCO Consultation handout (308 kb PDF)
Intergen Key Directions (2.3 mb PDF)