Lay Preachers Handbook
The Lay Preachers Committee has released an updated version of the Lay Preachers Handbook. It contains information about study requirements, assessment processes and application procedures for becoming a Lay Preacher. It can be downloaded by clicking the link below. Also linked below are application forms which are used as outlined in the handbook.
Lay Preachers Handbook 2016 (1.7 mb PDF)
Candidate for Lay Preacher - Application for Acceptance for Training (202 kb PDF)
Recognition as a Lay Preacher - Application (270 kb PDF)
National Conference of Lay Preachers
Friday July 7 to Monday July 10, 2017 Centre for Theology and Ministry, Parkville VIC
- An opportunity for Lay Preachers, Candidates, Worship Leaders and Friends to share faith, fun, fellowship, inspiration and innovation!
- Explore Reformation 500 and us - with a panel of Lutheran, Catholic and Uniting Church speakers
- Revel in First Century Judaism and Jesus with Jewish scholar Paul Forgasz Share Bible Study and more with Dr Sunny Chen
- Be challenged by Dr Jenny Byrnes, currently Executive Director, CTM
- and entertained by Dr Avril Hannah-Jones' Geek Worship
- Choose Workshops on A Uniting Church Iconography, Singing the Psalms, Children and Families in Worship, Prayer, Singing New Hymns, Creative Liturgical Writing, Messy Church, Working with Multicultural Congregations and more...
- The renowned Dalton McCaughey Library is in the CTM building and a must!
Conference fee $270 including meals Friday dinner to Monday lunch full or part-time registrations available
Accommodation at Maclean House or Ormond College next door $42.50 per person share (limited) to $82 single, per night, including linen and breakfast All this a short walk from fascinating Lygon Street or the more exotic Sydney Road - with time to explore them. Great food, great coffee, great sharing!
Lay Preachers' Sunday
6 August 2017
Download the pdf Order of Service (and use it to copy and paste into Word) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order a Word version.
Lay Preacher's Sunday Order of Service (524 kb PDF)
Songs / Hymns are suggestions only – not least because of the great variety of music used in our churches. Congregations are able to add or delete specific elements as required, according to local custom.
There are several ways in which Lay Preachers' Sunday could be celebrated: your congregation may for example, choose to have the service taken in its entirety that day by a Lay Preacher, or you may elect to use just the special liturgy offered for the day. We leave that choice to you.
Thank you for your support.
Max Howland, for Lay Preachers' Committee