Synod Standing Committee Update 3 September 2021
By Ian Dempster
Posted in News
A summary of the discussions, deliberations and decisions arising from the meeting of the Uniting Church in South Australia.
The 3rd September 2021 meeting was a continuation of the Agenda from the 6th August, 2021 meeting. Summary highlights included:
General Secretary’s Report
- The General Secretary reported on her recent attendance of a meeting of all UCA General Secretary’s, and Assembly Standing Committee
- Commended and thanked Christy Capper and Craig Bailey for undertaking the role of Acting Principal at the Uniting College
- Commended and thanked Mark Kickett for his commitment to Congress SA.
Associate General Secretary’s Report (continuation)
- Appointments made to conduct the Moderator’s Mid-Term Review
- Approved membership of the Presbytery Restructure Review Task Group
- Approved the Terms of Reference for the Presbytery Restructure Review Task Group
- Approved changes to the Ministerial Stipends and Related Conditions of Placement Handbook.
Resources Board/Property Trust Report
- Noted the Mission and Service Fund financial statements for the quarter ended 30th June 2021
- Approved the amendments to the Disbursement of Funds when Congregations Close Policy
- Noted the Workplace Health and Safety Incident Report
- Received the UCLT Financial Discovery Report
- Recognised the current and forecast financial situation of the Uniting College
- Encouraged the Mission Leadership Development Board to collaborate with the Resources Board to ensure sustainable financial practices are adopted
- Discussed the proposal to nominate non-staff members to the Mission and Leadership Development Board with expertise in Financial Management and Business Management.
Mission and Leadership Development Board
- Affirmed the nomination of Rev Stephanie Tai and Dr Ian Olver to the Mission and Leadership Development Board.
More from News
The Uniting Church has a long and proud history of supporting peace and defending the rights and freedoms of refugees and people seeking asylum.
This week's news, notices & prayer points from congregations, the SA Synod, and the wider Uniting Church.