In less than three weeks the Uniting Church SA will split the title Presbytery and Synod and just become ‘a’ Synod with multiple Presbyteries. But why is this happening?
Restructuring Task Group and Transitional Presbytery of South Australia Consultations
Posted in Leadership
The newly formed Transitional Presbytery of South Australia will reform into more Presbyteries at the Annual Meeting of the Synod commencing 14 November 2019. As this is a continuing process for the Restructuring Task Group and the office bearers of this Presbytery, 19 consultative sessions have been scheduled at locations all across the State.
The idea is to hear from as many UCA members as possible about their thoughts and ideas regarding what future Presbyteries in South Australia might look like. Congregations in the South East, Mid-North, the Riverland, Adelaide, Yorke Peninsula and Eyre Peninsula have all been selected as venues to give wide access to the consultative sessions.
The consultative sessions will happen between 24 July and 3 September, and everyone is invited to attend.
The schedule for the consultative sessions have now been finalised and are as follows:
- Wednesday, 24 July, 3:00pm @ Burnside City Uniting Church
- Wednesday 24 July, 7:00pm @ Burnside City Uniting Church
- Thursday 25 July, 7:00pm @ Yankalilla Uniting Church
- Monday 29 July, 7:00pm @ Marion-Warradale Uniting Church
- Tuesday 30 July, 4:00pm @ Cudlee Creek Uniting Church
- Tuesday 30 July, 7:30pm @ Gawler Uniting Church
- Thursday 1 August, 2:00pm @ Chaplains gathering, Uniting College for Leadership & Theology
- Saturday 3 August, 11:00am @ Padthaway Uniting Church
- Sunday 4 August, 12:00pm @ Gambier East Uniting Church
- Monday 5 August, 2:30pm @ Meningie Uniting Church
- Monday 5 August, 7:00pm @ Murray Bridge Uniting Church
- Thursday 8 August, 2:00pm @ Western Link Uniting Church
- Thursday 22 August, 2:30pm @ Maitland Uniting Church
- Thursday 22 August, 6:30pm @ Wallaroo Uniting Church
- Friday 23 August, 12:00pm @ Jamestown Uniting Church
- Saturday 24 August, 10:30am @ Barmera Uniting Church
- Sunday 25 August, 11:00am @ Mt Barker Uniting Church
- Monday 2 September, 7:00pm @ Wudinna Uniting Church
- Tuesday 3 September, 10:00am @ Kimba Uniting Church
Associate General Secretary Rev Sue Page will also continue to give weekly updates on the process with Facebook Live video sessions, which allows for viewers to post live questions and receive answers in real time from Sue.
Please bring as many people from your congregation/faith community/context as you can. It would be highly appreciated if you can let the Synod know of your intention to attend a particular session and, if possible, to provide an indication of how many people you are bringing along.
For more information or to provide attendance details, please contact the Synod Secretariat on email@example.com or 8236 4200. Facebook events have also been created for each of the sessions through which you can make your attendance known. These will be accessible through the Uniting Church. Uniting People Facebook page.
More from Leadership
If you have a view on South Australia’s proposed abortion law reform, now is the time to speak up.
The Uniting Church in South Australia has launched a weekly, live video series through Facebook this week, where Associate General Secretary, Rev Sue Page, talks about the restructuring process.