Senior Churches spokesperson, Bishop Philip Huggins, has described the United Nations COP26 climate talks as possibly the ‘last chance to save our planet’ in a strongly worded letter to Prime Minister Scott Morrison.
Expression of Interest - Property Specialists
Posted in News
The Resources Board of the South Australian Uniting Church Synod together with its Property Committee are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced individuals for the role of ‘Property Specialist.’
The Resources Board is tasked with maximising the financial and property resources available for mission and assisting the Synod and Presbyteries to allocate these resources in accordance with the mission priorities and ethos of the Church, whilst managing the risk associated with these decisions.
The Property Committee, a sub-Committee of the Resources Board, assists Congregations and the Resources Board to make strategic property-related decisions which optimise the contribution of property towards the achievement of missional goals.
Members of the Resources Board and the Property Committee are appointed based on their skills and experience. Due to a recent retirement of a long-standing valued member, the Board and Committee are seeking two Property Specialists who:
- Have advanced knowledge of building, planning and development standards and practices
- Have experience with preparing and analysing strategic reports in relation to property and property-related matters
- Have worked extensively in property across medium to large organisations
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree in a property-related discipline
- Are a member of at least one professional organisation and are a Certified Practising Professional within that discipline
- Have an active Christian faith and a commitment to the ethos of the Uniting Church and its mission in South Australia.
The Resources Board meets approximately six times a year on a Thursday evening at the Synod office. The Property Committee meets at least quarterly, usually on a Tuesday at lunch time.
These are voluntary positions.
Please forward your expression of interest for one or both of the roles to email@example.com including your name and contact details and a resume addressing the criteria above.
If you would like further information about these roles please contact Leah Hopton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 8236 4229.
More from News
This week's news, notices & prayer points from congregations, the SA Synod, and the wider Uniting Church.
The Ethical Investment Working Group, on behalf of the Uniting Church, helps the church invest wisely and responsibly.