KCO is an overnight camp for kids who are 7 years old to in Year 7. It is a major Uniting Church SA discipleship opportunity at two sites across SA including Victor Harbor and Eyre Peninsula. KCO aims to assist kids to explore faith through their own discovery, encouraging sharing and relationships with their peers. At KCO kids enjoy a wide range of performances, activities, games, worship and music, based around a central theme. The theme aims to teach the campers about Jesus' life and teachings, in a manner that is understandable, appropriate to their context and, of course, incredibly fun.
SA KCO’s Vision:
That young people become life-long disciples of Christ within missional families and faith communities.
SA KCO’s Key Purposes:
The key purposes for KCO are to provide a safe environment, both physically and spiritually, in order to:
- work together across the UCSA community, including UAICC community.
- provide an overnight camp of excellence for 7year olds to year 7s.
- provide an opportunity to engage with the wider Uniting Church.
- inspire radical tranformation in their communities.
- provide intergenerational leadership development in both local groups and for the wider event team.
- provide a mountaintop faith experience for children to grow in their identity as a beloved child of God/identity in Christ by providing a variety of deeply spiritual experiences.
The key purposes shape KCO, especially when setting priorities within the KCO program.