Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost
We invite your household or small group to explore the events of the Christmas story through five interactive stations across the four weeks of Advent. Each station has a theme, Bible passage, questions to chat about, activity ideas for different ages including adults, and prayer ideas that use locations and items from around the home. This is a great opportunity to grow faith at home for people of all ages, particularly families with children under 12. We hope this resource equips your family to play, talk and pray together so that you may grow in faith, especially as you celebrate the birth of Jesus, God’s great gift.
This information letter of for church leaders and explains the various ways a church can use the Christmas Family Faith Trail resource to bless and encourage families and small groups to grown in faith formation at home.
Wise man on camel (84 kb PDF)
Sequined Christmas Craft (48 kb PDF)
Christmas Tree Ornament (92 kb PDF)
Childrens Peace Page child&Fam (987 kb PDF)
Christmas Jesus and Santa (111 kb PDF)
Coloured Christmas candle (58 kb PDF)
Christmas community connection (176 kb PDF)
Christmas decoration (80 kb PDF)
Fabric Christmas figures for Godly Play (380 kb PDF)
Luke 2 22–40 Anna and Simeon Advent (194 kb PDF) - A long-awaited gift
John 18 33–37 What sort of King (312 kb PDF)
Luke 21-20 Night Sky Bethlehem Christmas Craft (126 kb PDF) - Shepherds’ Story/Angels’ Song
Christmas Graphics (263 kb PDF)
Christmas peace resources (283 kb PDF)
Nativity finger puppets Christmas Craft (175 kb PDF)
Starry Advent Calendar (240 kb PDF)
Advent Promise calendar (98 kb PDF)
Advent Take-Home Ideas (58 kb PDF) - Take Home ideas: a Christmas activity booklet and a Take-home bag to have in the church for children visiting during Advent
Christmas Activity Page 2 (225 kb PDF)
Christmas Activity Page 1 (152 kb PDF)
Advent Worship Space (85 kb PDF)
Advent with Arnie puppet script (128 kb PDF)
Advent Year C Lectionary connections (89 kb PDF)
Advent Silhouettes (235 kb PDF)
Advent Year B Lectionary connections (152 kb PDF)
Christmas AlterNativity (484 kb PDF)
Advent Wreath Liturgy (316 kb PDF)
2018 Ministry Resources
Recommended by Uniting Church Synod VICTAS
Worship leaders, preachers and small group/Bible study leaders may appreciate these resources. Please share these links with them:
- Lent Event – Uniting World> Click on the “Learn” menu for weekly videos, a 6 week Bible study and resources to run Lent Event during your worship service (this includes information to share about
Lent Event and suggested prayers).
- Lent (Going4Growth) (Church of England)> – links to Ash Wednesday and Lent videos, resources, creative ideas, All-Age services, intergenerational events and lots of
materials for churches
- Lent Resources (Common Grace)> – Lent and Ash Wednesday reflections and links to resources by TEAR, Uniting EarthWeb, Australian Catholic and National Council of Churches.
Parents in your church or community may be encouraged and resourced by links below.
- Suggest they choose one activity a week or an activity they can build on across the 40 days of Lent.
- Encourage them to give something a go, to start a new family Lenten or Easter tradition.
- Remember, it’s not about doing everything, it’s about finding something that works for your family.
- Lent (Building Faith) (Virginia Theological Seminary)> – a variety of resources including Lenten books and devotions for adults, children and families, Lenten reflections, activity
idea for church or home plus lots more.
- Lent (Faith in Homes) (BRF)> – lots of different ideas for Lent and Easter activities for families
- Lent (Flame Creative)> – more simple family Lent ideas