Intergenerational Team Vision: That young people become life-long disciples of Christ within missional families and faith communities.
Intergenerational Team Key Directions
- We resource families to be missional.
- We advocate for an all age, inclusive, approach to congregational life.
- We provide direction to congregations to intentionally disciple children, youth and young adults through and for mission.
- We facilitate ‘mountain top’ experiences for young people that are beyond the scope of single congregations.
- We support and develop leaders in all of the above aspects of ministry with and by young people. (
For further information about these key directions please download Intergen Key Directions (2.3 mb PDF)
New May 2020
‘Connecting Families, Nurturing Faith’ is a resource for ministry leaders to encourage discipleship across households. It includes a step by step process, a checklist, ideas to share with families and information about four recommended resources.
This is not another discipleship resource but is a tool to assist ministry leaders to choose a resource, to communicate with families to nurture faith at home and to encourage families to connect with each other, particularly while we cannot meet face-to-face. (Click the image to download.)
Developed by Melissa Neumann (Synod of South Australia) and Chris Barnett (Synod of Victoria and Tasmania).
1. Engage Together: More than worship, more than Sunday: This is a concise document about what intergenerational ministry means (not just intergenerational worship) with tools and examples for churches to consider what their next steps could be in becoming more intergenerational as a whole community across the life of the church. This document also includes a two page fact sheet that summarises what intergenerational ministry means with discussion questions for your context. Engage Together - More than worship, more than Sunday (219 kb PDF)
3. More resources: There are many more resources available using the menu to navigate Church Resources and Family Resources.