Intergenerational Team Vision: That young people become life-long disciples of Christ within missional families and faith communities.
Intergenerational Team Key Directions
- We resource families to be missional.
- We advocate for an all age, inclusive, approach to congregational life.
- We provide direction to congregations to intentionally disciple children, youth and young adults through and for mission.
- We facilitate ‘mountain top’ experiences for young people that are beyond the scope of single congregations.
- We support and develop leaders in all of the above aspects of ministry with and by young people. (
For further information about these key directions please download Intergen Key Directions (2.3 mb PDF)
New July 2020
The Intergen Team have launched a blog that is aimed at leaders in ministry with children, families, youth and young adults to encourage following Jesus in everyday life. The blog hopes to develop intergenerational discipleship and build leadership capacity, as well as invite leaders to share stories and resources.
Check in here to read all things children resources, childrens ministry and youth and young adilts : intergenteam.ucasa.org.au
‘Connecting Families, Nurturing Faith’ is a resource for ministry leaders to encourage discipleship across households. It includes a step by step process, a checklist, ideas to share with families and information about four recommended resources.
This is not another discipleship resource but is a tool to assist ministry leaders to choose a resource, to communicate with families to nurture faith at home and to encourage families to connect with each other, particularly while we cannot meet face-to-face. (Click the image to download.)
Developed by Melissa Neumann (Synod of South Australia) and Chris Barnett (Synod of Victoria and Tasmania).
1. Engage Together: More than worship, more than Sunday: This is a concise document about what intergenerational ministry means (not just intergenerational worship) with tools and examples for churches to consider what their next steps could be in becoming more intergenerational as a whole community across the life of the church. This document also includes a two page fact sheet that summarises what intergenerational ministry means with discussion questions for your context. Engage Together - More than worship, more than Sunday (219 kb PDF)
3. More resources: There are many more resources available using the menu to navigate Church Resources and Family Resources.