Intergenerational team vision: We serve leaders
Intergenerational team key values:
- Life-long discipleship
- Genuine relationships
- Systematic empowerment
This exciting new resource for churches contains four services that introduce intergenerational ministry in worship with all ages gathered together. Each service includes:
- A summary order of service,
- Details of preparation required,
- A full service with choices of activities for local contextualisation,
- A review framework, and
- Explanations about WHY doing things in these particular ways has been suggested for planning and leading worship in intergenerational ways.
Download Regenerational for FREE:
Additional resource for use with the God’s Family – all are welcome service:
Watch this video of the four authors introducing the resource: https://youtu.be/nt87Qcc6K8w
For printing – MediaCom Education are offering a great deal on printing options, please contact them directly for details: https://www.mediacomeducation.org.au/
Following Jesus in Everyday Life
Hi! We are Mel and Tim. We are the Intergen Team for Mission Resourcing (part of the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of South Australia).
Our roles focus on intergenerational discipleship particularly with younger people. By “intergenerational discipleship” we simply mean people from different generations, engaging together to follow Jesus in everyday life.
Mel also focuses on children and families ministries and Tim also focuses on youth and young adult ministries. We seek to serve local church leaders in these ministry areas so they can encourage young people and their families as followers of Jesus. We then hope this provides opportunity for discipleship at church and home, either through sharing resources onwards or encouraging connections from church leaders with families and young people.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Please let us know if there’s anything in particular you and your leaders are in need of, such as training, networking, a resource recommendation, someone to chat with or pray for you. We’d also love to hear your stories of how you are encouraging young people to follow Jesus so we can share your good news stories too.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are based at the Brooklyn Park campus (which includes Uniting College) of the Uniting Church Synod of South Australia. We work part-time across various days of the week whilst also enjoying family life with our young children (currently between our families we have 4 children, ages 7 to 1 years old).
To keep up to date with our news, resources and events: please ensure your congregation’s key leader in children, youth and/or young adult ministry is on our mailing list, and connected to our Facebook pages. We also recommend all ministry leaders subscribe to UC E-News and New Times online to keep up to date with news across our Synod, including from the Intergen Team.
Engage Together: More than worship, more than Sunday: This is a concise document about what intergenerational ministry means (not just intergenerational worship) with tools and examples for churches to consider what their next steps could be in becoming more intergenerational as a whole community across the life of the church. This document also includes a two page fact sheet that summarises what intergenerational ministry means with discussion questions for your context. Engage Together - More than worship, more than Sunday (219 kb PDF)
Starting points for exploring intergenerational ministry are these 5 articles from recent years:
- Intergenerational ministry? (Grow Ministries) - https://www.growministries.org.au/2020/10/16/what-is-intergenerational-ministry-2/
- A Church for All Generations (Rev. Charissa Suli) - https://uniting.church/a-church-for-all-generations-2/
- Practical steps to increasing intergenerationality (Building Faith) - https://buildfaith.org/practical-steps-to-increasing-intergenerationality/ Stop, Collaborate and Listen
- Intentional Intergenerationality: more than bringing generations together (Chris Barnett) - https://ctm.uca.edu.au/children-and-families/intentional-intergenerationality-bringing-generations-together/
Intergenerate Australia – Conference and Resources
https://www.intergenerate.com.au/ Lots of webinars throughout the year, annual conference and a page of links to all sorts of intergenerational ministry articles, books and other resources.
The 2020 and 2021 annual conference keynote sessions are available on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMdSVa5-GJR1rsLsELsOYIg
Books - Please email us if you want to borrow or purchase any of these.
- Holly Allen and Christine Ross – Intergenerational Christian Formation
- John Roberto – Generations Together or https://www.lifelongfaith.com/
- InterGenerate edited by Holly Allen (2017 InterGenerate USA conference)
- Engage All Generations edited by Cory Seibel (2019 InterGenerate USA conference)
For more resources: There are many more resources available using the menu to navigate Church Resources and Family Resources.