Incorporated Bodies

Church Councils cannot establish an incorporated body without written approval from the Presbytery & Synod.  For an incorporated body to qualify for liability and other insurance protection provided by the Uniting Church SA insurance program, that body’s activities must be an authorised recognised program of the church, be accountable and report regularly (at least annually) to Church Council and its existence reported to Synod’s Insurance Services office to ensure that insurance coverage exists.