The Corner Uniting Church (Warradale)
Corner of Oaklands and Diagonal Roads, Warradale
Sundays at 10.00am
Join us for community and worship any Sunday at 10.00am, followed by morning tea and a chat.
Intergenerational worship – where all the children of God, regardless of age, gather together in the presence of God.
- Scattered throughout the church space are creative tables. Everyone is welcome to sit at our intergenerational creative tables during the service. They are for anyone who likes to colour/doodle/draw/whatever
while worshipping as an aid for focussing and prayer. We also have needles and wool for those who like to knit. We ask you to knit squares which will be made in to blankets to give to those in need.
- Prayer stations are available for you to partake in during any part of the service.
- Everyone is welcome to move between the chairs, creative tables, family play area, prayer stations and the rèche room. Worshiping God doesn’t have to be a static thing. Please move around as much as you
- On the first Sunday we all share Holy Communion together. As is the custom of the Uniting Church all are welcome at the table.
A Thin Place
Various Sunday afternoons throughout the year 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
Come and join us for A Thin Place, a quiet hour of personal prayer and reflection at creative stations, with contemplative holy communion. ‘A Thin Place’ is a multi-sensory, creative, experiential worship experience. It is an entirely private and personal time for each person. There is no interaction with others, and no input from a leader. It is an opportunity to encounter God in a quiet space where all senses are involved and there is time to quieten the mind and interact with God in a place of peace and beauty.
Various Sunday afternoons throughout the year 3.30pm – 5.30pm.
Come and enjoy a noisy and fun time with us with as we interact with God and each other in new and different ways, through craft, activities and dinner.
Messy Church usually includes:
- creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy
- a celebration time which might involve story, prayer, song, games and similar
- a meal together
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family and a global and local church family.
The aims are to provide an opportunity for people of all ages to worship together to help people of all ages feel they belong in church and to each other to help people have fun and be creative together to introduce Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship.
The Corner Café
The Corner Café has been undergoing a Visioning Process. We are currently running an Interim Café with reduced hours and food options. Hot and cold drinks, sweets, and light lunches available.This Interim Café is staffed by volunteers.
Tuesdays – Thursdays 10.30am – 1.30pm
The Corner Op Shop
Tuesday – Friday 9.30am – 3.00pm Come along and grab a few bargains. Our shop contains a variety of good condition pre-loved articles including clothes, shoes, toys, books, linen and kitchenware and much more…
Children & Youth Activities
- Playgroup: Children 0 – 3 years: Wednesday mornings during school terms. Term 3: July 25th, August 8th, 22nd, September 5th, 19th. Term 4: October 17th, 31st, November 14th, 28th, December 12th. For infants and toddlers 0-3 years with an accompanying adult. $7.00 per session.
- Kindy Drama: Wednesday mornings during school terms. Term 3: August 1st, 15th, 29th, September 12th, 26th. Term 4: October 24th, November 7th, 21st, December 5th, Christmas Nativity Sunday December 16th. For children aged 3-5 years with an accompanying adult. $7.00 per session.
- Corner Kids Performing Arts Group: Kids aged 7 and above 3.45pm – 5.30pm Tuesday (during school term). $8 per week including light snack and drink or $60 for the term (payable by week 3).
- Blank Canvas Youth Café: High School age – 25 years. 7.00pm – 10.00pm various Saturday nights. Blank Canvas is a youth and young adult’s visual arts café run once a month. It’s a place to chat, create and just be…as we eat, drink and explore faith and life together. It’s free but there is a small cost for food and drinks at the Café.
- Netball: Wesley Netball Club playing within the SA United Church Association. Junior and Senior Teams available. Coaching and weekly practices.
All Age Activities
- Pizza & Stuff! (Young Adults & Families): 1st Friday of the month 6.30pm $5.00 per person, BYO drinks. Various locations.
- The Corner Craft: Various crafts Wednesday mornings during school terms.
- Water Colour Classes: Wednesday 10.00am – 12noon and 12noon – 3.00pm during school terms.
- Music Group: A variety of music styles. Assists with Sunday morning worship. Vacancies exist for musicians and vocalists.
- Community Club: 2nd Tuesday of the month 7.30pm for 7.45pm start. Various guest speakers. Meetings are open to ourselves, friends and neighbours without obligation to attend regularly.
- FISH Groups (Fellowship in someone’s home): Meeting regularly in various homes, giving opportunities for families to share meals together, develop friendships, and have lively discussions
- Adult Fellowship: 4th Thursday each month at 1.30pm. A variety of speakers and activities are programmed.
- Men’s Muster: 4th Thursday of the month we meet at the Broadway Hotel at 6.15pm for 6.30pm and an enjoyable hour or two sharing and chatting. All men welcome.
- Prayer & Praise: 5.30pm various Sundays. An hour of prayer and praise once a month on Sunday at 5:30pm.
The facilities of The Corner are used by a variety of community groups. Contact the Office for further details email@example.com
Parking: Our large car park can be accessed from both Oaklands and Diagonal Roads.
Duty of Care
We have a strong commitment to our Duty of Care obligations for all who attend this centre and its activities.
All volunteers in contact with people at risk have a police clearance.
Reverend Mark Hewitt