Edithburgh Uniting Church
12 Henry Street, EDITHBURGH SA 5583 - Worshipping & Witnessing here since 1874.
Our Services are often enriched by visitors holidaying in our town. Please feel welcome to join us whenever you are in our neighbourhood.
We have regular services with our Minister and visiting Lay Preachers, with occasional leadership from members of our own congregation.
- We sing a mix of hymns and songs.
- Worship is followed by a cuppa and a chat.
- You will find us a happy, friendly, supportive and active congregation.
- Ecumenical fellowship services rotated between the Anglican, Catholic and Uniting congregations at 9.30am on the fourth Thursday of each month.
- Ecumenical KYB (Know your Bible) study group.
- Ecumenical Lenten studies annually.
- Community Friendship Group held monthly led by members of our congregation.
- We support and assist with any local function the town is organising.
- Our church helps to organise and participates in many Ecumenical Services such as Easter Sunday and Anzac Day. These services are conducted in the Town Hall.
- Currently sponsoring a brochure listing local organisations and activities, to be distributed to visitors and new residents in the town.
- History Books compiled for our Centenary Service in 2010 are still available $12 + $2 p/h.
Order through the Secretary.
Edithburgh Uniting Church is a part of the Southern Yorke Peninsula Uniting Churches cluster. We are a member of the Gulf Mission Network (Geographic Rural.)
Our Vision is to:
- Be a witness to Christ for the present and future congregation, for the community and the many visitors who come to this area (tourists weekenders etc)
- Be a growing, nurturing and caring congregation.
- Develop ways of faith sharing and using our talents in the church and wider community.
Church Contacts: Pastor Rob Morgan: (08) 8852 1439
Mrs. Valmai Crosby Acc. Lay Preacher: (08) 8852 6419
Mrs. Kath Haddow (Chairperson): (08) 8852 6399
Mrs Sandra Millowick (Secretary): (08) 8852 6310