Disaster and Recovery Chaplain Training
2021 Training and refresher opportunities
Disaster and Recovery Ministries chaplains provide pastoral and spiritual support for people in the midst of and after disasters, particularly natural disasters such as bush-fires. This is an ecumenical ministry coordinated by the Uniting Church in SA.
Disaster and Recovery ministries is recruiting chaplains who offer a ministry of presence, care and comfort to people affected in times of great need. People who are ordained or lay people with appropriate experience and referees may attend the training. Disaster and Recovery Ministries SA will confirm places in the team after successful completion of the training and receipt of completed application form, reference from a minister/pastor (forms to be supplied at training) and current police check.
Applications for training must be accompanied by a nomination form from a denominational or faith group overseer. For more information, or to be sent an application and nomination form, email email@example.com.
These training events are designed to equip those who feel called to this particular area of chaplaincy. Training for Disaster and Recovery Chaplains is required every 3 years in order to maintain accreditation.
Tuesday 22 June and Wednesday 23 June 2021 for training of new chaplains
Wednesday 23 June 2021 for refresher training of existing D&RM chaplains
Seacliff Uniting Church (Wheatland Street, Seacliff):
- Full two day training: 9.30am - 4.30pm both days
- Refresher training - Wednesday 23 June 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Click here to book for this event. An application form will be sent after booking.
REGIONAL SA - JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER
In addition we are offering some face-to-face training, both full and refresher, in some regional areas throughout the winter. We can now confirm dates, venues and booking links for the following courses:
- Full training - Tuesday 20th and Wednesday 21st July (register here)
- Refresher training - Wednesday 21st July (register here)
- Full training- Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th August (register here)
- Refresher training - Wednesday 4th August (register here)
Lower Eyre Peninsula (Port Lincoln)
- Full training - Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th August (register here)
- Refresher training - Tuesday 24th August (register here)
Upper Eyre Peninsula / West Coast (Streaky Bay)
- Refresher training - Thursday 26th August (register here)
South East (Mt Gambier)
- Full training - Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th September (register here)
- Refresher training - Thursday 9th September (register here)