Who we are
The Uniting Church SA seeks to be an innovative, growing church proclaiming Jesus Christ, empowered by the Spirit to transform God's world.
- A Christian community – following the example of Jesus Christ.
- An Australian church – standing alongside Indigenous Australians and supporting rural and remote communities.
- A caring church – dedicated to social justice and providing community services through UnitingCare.
- A diverse church – with a wide range of worship styles and theology in our 300 South Australian congregations.
- A place of hope and support – providing a safe place to explore life's many big questions.
We are the third largest denomination in Australia with ten percent of South Australians affiliated with the Uniting Church (ABS).
We are also a young church - formed on 22 June 1977 - with the coming together of the Congregational, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches.
In 2017 Uniting Church SA will host the Uniting Leaders Conference. Registration payments can be made here.