Unit of Synod/Presbytery/Congregation: Uniting Venues SA - Nunyara
- Casual role – award rates
- Belair location
- Supportive and caring working environment
The iconic Nunyara Conference Centre, located in Belair, is a ministry of the Uniting Church in South Australia (UCA) and aims to provide exceptional Christian hospitality to church and school groups, community organisations and function guests.
An opportunity exists for a casual Housekeeper to work within a well-established and highly capable team of housekeepers from early June 2022.
The Housekeeper role is an important part of the Nunyara housekeeping team and has an emphasis on the provision of hygienically clean and well-presented rooms and facilities to assist Uniting Venues SA to provide exceptional Christian hospitality.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Housekeeping, the key tasks of a housekeeper include:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lounges, toilets, and other areas so that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained and that health standards are met
- Empty rubbish bins and transport waste to industrial waste bin
- Carry linen, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled cart
- Maintain knowledge of WHS issues related to housekeeping as well as the organisations policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will be required to have significant experience in a similar position and / or hold a Certificate II or higher in Cleaning Operations as well as:
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, equipment and chemicals used in housekeeping operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe and efficient cleaning practices
- Understanding of the various needs of guests with the accommodation or hospitality industry.
Experience within the camping and conference centre industry will be highly regarded. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are necessary in this role, as is a willingness to support the ethos of the Uniting Church.
Enquiries can be made, via reception, to the Nunyara Centre Manager on 08 8278 1673.
Please forward applications addressing the selection criteria of the Position Description & Person Specification to Mark Lee, General Manager Uniting Venues SA as below.
Full position description: Nunyara Housekeeper (231 kb PDF)
Application close date: 16 May 2022 at 5.00PM
Contact person: Mark Lee
By phone: (08) 8236 4296
By email: email@example.com