Mission Resourcing was established by the Uniting Church, Synod of South Australia in 2002, to assist the church to develop a culture of mission. There are 10 (full and part-time) staff based in the church office at 212 Pirie Street, Adelaide. All staff are available to travel throughout South Australia.
Mission Resourcing works in a range of areas, some of which include:
- discipleship/leadership development for a missional church
- mission centres – Effective Living Centre, Stillpoint Spirituality Centre and Centre for Music Liturgy and the Arts
- international church partnerships and covenantal relationships
- providing and recommending a range of resources to assist growth in mission
- a deepening understanding of and engagement in mission through intergenerational and intercultural experience
- encouraging local mission
- identifying strategic mission opportunities, locally and regionally
- working with networks and regions to discern missional values and behaviours
NCLS 2016 – order surveys now!
Orders are now being taken for survey forms for NCLS 2016. The Standing Committee has directed all UC congregations to participate in the survey which will take place in November 2016. It is requested that all congregations order the required number of survey forms by 30 June, 2016. No money is required when orders are placed. Invoices will be sent at a later date.
Congregations can contact Bev Freeman- email@example.com or phone: 8236 4243 with the order amount.
Congeregations are reminded that Synod will pay the $250 registration fee, leaving congregations to pay $1.50 per survey form ordered.
NCLS promotion for congregations.
- This video can be viewed online and is also available on our website for download. (http://www.2016ncls.org.au/promote/audio-visual )
- This publicity template is for use in church bulletins, websites and newsletters. You are welcome to amend the text. Logos and graphics can be found on the 2016 NCLS website (http://www.2016ncls.org.au/publicity-templates.htm).
Join the upcoming PROK Mission Trip to South Korea
“The Uniting Church SA seeks to be an innovative, growing church proclaiming Jesus Christ, empowered by the Spirit to transform God's world.”
One way the church lives out this vision is through the mission partnership that the UCSA shares with Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in the Republic of Korea (PROK). This is a unique partnership which values respectful exchange. We are two culturally different church bodies sincerely seeking to learn from each other spiritually, missionally and theologically.
As the Uniting church we are committed to Uniting people and through this partnership we are particularly interested in building relationships between young leaders in our churches and in supporting the ministry of the Korean diaspora in SA, through the Korean-speaking faith communities of the UCSA. It is hoped that new relationships will seed new missional partnership work over coming decades.
If you are a young person (16-25) or emerging leader (26-40) interested in developing your leadership and interpersonal skills as well as gaining a better understanding of working across cultures, then consider the 2016 Mission trip to Korea as valuable learning experience in those areas.