KCO is an overnight camp for kids who are 7 years old to in Year 7. It is a major Uniting Church SA event attracting over a thousand people. KCO aims to assist kids to explore faith through their own discovery, encouraging sharing and relationships with their peers. At KCO kids enjoy a wide range of performances, activities, games, worship and music, based around a central theme. The theme aims to teach the campers about Jesus' life and teachings, in a manner that is understandable, appropriate to their context and, of course, incredibly fun.
SA KCO’s Vision:
That young people become life-long disciples of Christ within missional families and faith communities.
SA KCO’s Key Purposes:
The key purposes for KCO are to provide a safe environment, both physically and spiritually, in order to:
- work together across the UCSA community, including UAICC community.
- provide an overnight camp of excellence for 7year olds to year 7s.
- provide an opportunity to engage with the wider Uniting Church.
- inspire radical tranformation in their communities.
- provide intergenerational leadership development in both local groups and for the wider event team.
- provide a mountaintop faith experience for children to grow in their identity as a beloved child of God/identity in Christ by providing a variety of deeply spiritual experiences.
The key purposes shape KCO, especially when setting priorities within the KCO program.