General Insurance Information
The Uniting Church Presbytery & Synod of South Australia is responsible to protect the Church, its members and Church property. The Church is not responsible for the actions of groups that do not have any accountability to the Church Council.
Even when every care is taken, losses cannot be totally eliminated. However, by taking note of the following items and suggestions, accidents can be reduced and safety improved.
The following information provides an outline of the insurance program for the Uniting Church SA.
Please contact Synod’s Insurance Services office for any of the following:
- Enquiries in regards to the scope of cover.
- Advising of additions/deletions/changes to property values
- Notification of a claim, accident/incident
- Advising of new ventures/expanding roles of the Congregation
- An event or program that includes high risk or out-of-the ordinary activities
- Copy of Certificate of Currencies
Similarly, if the Congregation becomes aware of new insurance protection or an uninsured risk, please contact Synod’s Insurance Services office and our staff will explore the matter.
In light of the changing needs and circumstances of the Uniting Church, the Insurance Services team regularly reviews insurance coverage types and policy limitations.
Insurance types included in the Synod program
Property loss or damage, public and products liability, professional indemnity and volunteers' personal accident.