The Corner (Warradale)
Corner of Oaklands and Diagonal Roads, Warradale
Worship: Sundays 10am
Join us for community and worship any Sunday at 10.00am, followed by morning tea and a chat.
Intergenerational worship – where all the children of God, regardless of age, gather together in the presence of God.
- Worship is led by members of the congregation and our Minister. Leadership is conducted by all ages.
- Music is led by a team of musicians and singers from the congregation and includes a wide variety of genres.
- Scattered throughout the church space are creative tables. Everyone is welcome to sit at our intergenerational creative tables during the service. They are for anyone who likes to colour/doodle/draw/whatever
- while worshipping as an aid for focussing and prayer.
- On the first Sunday we all share Holy Communion together. As is the custom of the Uniting Church all are welcome at the table.
- About once a month a school age program occurs where during the last 20 minutes the school age children of God have age specific activities and discussion.
- On the Sunday mornings of Messy Corner and A Thin Place, creative and interactive prayer stations occupy the last part of our gathered worship.
All are welcome to join us for morning tea after worship in the Cafe.
Messy Corner/Messy Church - various Sundays 3.30pm - 5.30pm
Messy Corner is a noisy and fun time for families to interact with God and each other in new and different ways. Join us
at 3.30pm for craft, activities and dinner. Leadership provided by The Corner Kids Performing
Arts Group. $5 a person helps cover costs
A Thin Place - various Sundays 5.30pm - 6.30pm
A Thin Place is a multi-sensory, creative, experiential personal worship experience. It is an opportunity to encounter
God in a quiet space where all senses are involved and there is time to quieten the mind and interact with God in a place of peace and beauty.
The Corner Café
Tuesday - Friday 10.00am - 3.00pm The Cafe serves light lunches, tea, coffee, cake, milkshakes and cold drinks all at reasonable prices.
Cafe phone: (08) 8350 5410
The Corner Op Shop
Tuesday - Friday 9.30am - 3.00pm. Our shop contains a variety of good condition pre-loved articles including clothes, shoes, toys, books, linen and kitchenware and much more!
Children and Youth Activities
Playgroup: Children 0 - 5 years: Tuesday 10.00am - 11.30am during school terms. $5 per family. Please bring a piece of
fruit to share.
Corner Kids Performing Arts Group: Kids 7 - 13 years Wednesday 3.45pm - 5.00pm $3 per session plus $2 for dinner.
Netball: Wesley Netball Club playing within the SA United Church Association. Junior and Senior Teams available. Coaching
and weekly practices.
All Age Activities
Pizza & Stuff! (Young Adults & Families): 1st Friday of the month 6.30pm $5.00 per person, BYO drinks. Various locations.
The Corner Craft: Various crafts Wednesday mornings and afternoons during school terms.
Water Colour Classes: Wednesday 10.00am – 12noon and 12noon – 3.00pm joining with Craft.
Music Group: A variety of music styles. Assists with Sunday morning worship. Vacancies exist for musicians and vocalists.
FISH Groups (Fellowship in someone's home): Meeting regularly in various homes, giving opportunities for families to share
meals together, develop friendships, and have lively discussions
Adult Fellowship: 4th Thursday each month at 1.30pm. A variety of speakers and activities are programmed.
The facilities of The Corner are used by a variety of community groups. Contact the Office for further details
Parking: Our large car park can be accessed from both Oaklands and Diagonal Roads.
Duty of Care
We have a strong commitment to our Duty of Care obligations for all who attend this centre and its activities.
All volunteers in contact with people at risk have a police clearance.